Dog Days Are Over (15th May 2010)


I love how my dog pretends to ignore it when I take his bowl into the kitchen to fix him his lunch.

He just sits and looks at me from the corner of his eye (and then immediately looks away if he can tell that I am watching him) as if to suggest that he is oblivious to what's going on. Then, as I mash up his food into the required consistency, he looks at me big-eyed and waits for me to bring his bowl back to its home.

I think he does it because he thinks each meal is even more exciting if it's a surprise. He's all about the happy, this dog. If he had it his way, nobody would ever go away and every door would always be open. But all he really wants is for someone to be around and occasionally give life to his worn out toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment